Saturday, November 13, 2010

Mock Patient. Day 22

Today we had our first day of our mock patients.  Leigh was my great patient.  I brought her back and started from the beginning by going over her health history, taking her vitals and doing the HHX and also the HHX/RX.  Then I began doing the OD, starting with extra and intraoral exams.  Then I probed and filled in the green and blue dh forms.  Then I came up with a treatment plan on the computer.  Finally I patiently waited for an OD check.  When everything was okayed I printed the treatment plan and started on the OHI.  That was as far as I got for the first day.  I walked Leigh out, came back and filled out her chart.  It was a great experience starting from the beginning and seeing how far I would get.  I get to finish on wednesday... so until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment