Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Another week in the life of a dental hygiene student

Well last week was a good week.  I found my mockboard patient at clinic and also had a good learning experience with that patient as well.  He was a bleeder... He bled and bled and bled.  Even after the appointment I had to hold gauze on his gums for awhile after his appointment.  I learned when your patient is bleeding so much you loose tactile sensitivity.  We decided to check his areas next time he comes in because he was bleeding so much at the end of the appointment.  His post-op instuctions were to give him advil and have him rinse with warm saline water.  Then I was ca at the va and I had the oppurtunity to see a class 1b patient.  Then we had sealant clinic to end the week.  All my patients were so good, it was a good sealant clinic.  Well another week down a few more to go.

1 comment:

  1. I had a patient that bled a ton today and it makes it so hard huh! Definitely not my favorite. I'm glad you found a mockboard!

    ReplyDelete