Sunday, April 15, 2012

VA

So I have actually really enjoyed working at the VA.  It was a great place to get all those requirements like nitrous (which I got both requirements done there), perio medicament's, and panos.  I have gotten all great patients, well for the most part.  My last patient at the VA was a very nice man, but this is my experience with him.... I sat him down and the first thing he told me was that he had not brushed today, so that was a great place for me to ask, "How often do you brush?"  His reply, "twice a year."  Totally thought he was kidding.  Oh no once I got in his mouth I realized that he wasn't lying. Layers and layers of plaque... Made me sick.  Funny enough, no calculus or caries.  We discussed the importance of brushing daily but he was so against brushing.  Sad that nothing I could say changed his mind.  Good thing is, is that he does floss with hand flossers.... funny flosses but doesn't brush and also comes in for cleanings every 3 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment