Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Mockboard

Well the one thing I learned for mockboards was what kind of patient that I don't want to have for the other mockboards and real boards.  My patient had great qualifications, more than 12 clicks of calculus per quad, no fillings and a great dentition.  I went into to mockboards ready to do great.  Well this was the first time my patient had ever had her teeth cleaned, and has never had anyother work done.   She was so sensitive, even being numb, she wouldnt let me use the ultrasonic, and was just scared the whole appointment.  It was frustrating for me because I really wanted to take full advantage of this mockboard and to do good, but it was hard to get anything done on her.  I missed some spots, but still passed.  Im glad I passed but didn't do as good as I wanted.  When looking for another mockboard or board patient I am going to look for someone who qualifies but also it tolerate of coming to the dental office for a cleaning and understands what I will be doing.  It will be another fun experience when I finish this patient. 

No comments:

Post a Comment