Thursday, November 3, 2011

Good/Bad day!!!

So my  morning was good.  I had a patient come in and I got bwx and 4 pas, so it started out good.  Then to make it even better she was a class III.  I think there is hope that one day I will be able to get 36 quads of a class III.  I was able to finish two quads and scheduled her to come back so I can finish the other quads.  It went great and I didnt miss any spots.  So then my afternoon was the bad part.  I had a spanish speaking pt, which I got bwxs and pas on, so it started out good but then went down hill from there.  She had TONS of CALCULUS!!! More than I have every seen on anyone.  Well me being inpatient decided, oh I can get her whole mouth done.  Not a good Idea.  I scaled and sclaed and scaled and calculus kept coming off and off and off.  I went over every quad, but went back through at the end and explored and of course there was still calculus.  So I had to just say I did a fm debridment.  I felt horrible.  Lesson learned though.... Be patient and work on one quad until you have it complete and then you can move on to the other quads.  So I learned a good lesson out of my bad afternoon.  Great pt though!  So hopefully now I can follow this lesson I learned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment